Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

I want to wish everyone a happy New Year. If you made resolutions (as I did), don't be too hard on yourself at first. Of course, you can do whatever works best for you. As for me, with my weight and fitness, I am handling things like this:

I'm not going to get my benchmark weight today. This is important: weigh weekly, at the most! Therefore, I must pick a day of the week for my morning weigh in (more on this in a minute), that will work THROUGHOUT the year. Monday mornings just won't cut it for me. I prefer Saturday mornings.

Why mornings? If you do your weigh-in as soon as you get up (after going to the bathroom), you have a good benchmark because the variables are always the same. If you weigh any other time of the day, you have to account for meals (which can be different form day to day), and the fact that you may not be available at the same time every week on your weigh-in day. I'm ALWAYS available for a few minutes on Saturday morning.

So, I won't be weighing in today. It doesn't matter - even if I follow my plan perfectly this week, I'll only lose between 3-5 lbs between now and Saturday. And when you're dealing with 50-60 lbs to lose, that's not that big of a deal.

My activity level won't be very high today, I'm still recovering from last night ;) . I'll start walks tomorrow (the exercise rooms at work will be WAY too full for a few weeks). It's going to be nice this week in Nashville, so I can walk outside for my exercise. Won't be picking up the weights for at LEAST a week; I have to get my body used to moving again first.

I'll also try to get to my barber sometime this week, and see if she can trim the hair. Once I do, I'll post a picture from the back. Then as the year goes by, I'll post more from time to time, and we can all watch my hair grow.

One caveat: my employer MAY ask me to cut it eventually. Since I really like my job, I'll oblige, but I'll continue to push it all the way to the limit. we'll see.

Here's to the New year! May it bring you all you've resolved, and more! Mullet on!

No comments: