Saturday, January 6, 2007

First Weigh-In

Well, I promised, and here we go...

This is very difficult. I've posted very personal information about myself in the past, but for some reason, I'd rather post my financial statements that my weight. It's the height of vulnerability. BUT, what the heck:

220.5

Funny, every single time I've got on a weight loss tear, 225 was my starting weight. I'll gurantee you, I've lost 5 lbs this past week. That's just weird. I thought I weighed more. I'm in the biggest pant size I've ever been in. But, I'm one of those me whose weight gain is almost totally in his belly, so that might explain it.

Some of you might think 220.5 ain't that bad, and I guess in the great scheme of things, it isn't. BUT, I'm not a tall man (5' 9 1/2"). I've got a lot of work to do.

Now that I have all my measurables, I can state my goals:

175 lbs . This seems to be a 'maintainable' weight for me.
A 36 inch waist. I give up on trying to get back to a 34 or 32. It ain't happening.
The ability to walk-run 5 miles without feeling like I'm dying.
Regain my definition in the old abs,pecs,biceps and triceps.

I don't think any of these goals are unreasonable. Now, I've put them "Out There", so hopefully, that's be more motivation, on top of the mullet.

Speaking of: today is haircut day! I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: