Thursday, January 4, 2007

Breakfast

For lunch and dinner (or dinner and supper for my fellow southerners), I try to have as much variety as possible. Keep yourself offguard, and maybe you won't binge eat (at least that's my theory). But when it comes to breakfast, I'm a creature of habit. This is my same brakfast every work day:

6am: A South Beach Diet Breakfast wrap. I prefer the southwest style, but sometimes the grocery store is out and I have to get the "American" style. Still great. 200 calories.
7am: A bowl of Quaker Lower Sugar Apples and Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal. This one actually has fewer calories (110) than the "weight control" version (160). Go figure.
9am: A ZonePerfect bar, usually Chocolate Coconut Crunch. THis gives me just the energy I need for my lunchtime exercise. 210 calories.

As you've noticed, I've spread my breakfast out over several hours. I don't know why, but this seems to work for me. I'll also drink about a liter of water. (See you in the men's room!)

No comments: