Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weigh In Number 13

Not as good as I thought this week. I worked my butt off this week, yet most of my butt still remains. Yet, I's hard to complain, I'm still going in the right direction.

Measurables:

196.5 lbs, 1.5 lbs lost this week, 24.5 lbs lost since first weigh in, best guess of overall weight loss: 28.5 lbs.

The coming weeks will be a real test. There is great tumult going on at my company; I've discovered that cutbacks may be more widespread than I thought. I'll really be put to the test not to go off the plan with stress eating. In fact, it would be wise to ramp up the exercise to help get rid of the extra stress.

Before, it was vanity; now, my family's very survival may be at stake. If I am looking for work in the coming months, whether is is right or wrong, my experience tells me that I have a better chance of landing a job if I meet society's standards of attractiveness.

I know you don't like this; I don't like it either. But I have a family to feed. So, it's more important than ever that I get down to about 175 (my wife says this is the weight I'm most attractive), and then pay particular attention to grooming. (The long hair may have to go). It was rather easy to reach standards of attractiveness when I was 30. It's going to be much, much harder at 42.

And that's just physical appearance. I have to catch up with technical trends in my profession as well.

Hold on, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

No comments: