Saturday, April 14, 2007

Weigh In Number 15

My doctor will be angry with me. When I saw her last week for sleeplessness, she was impressed with my weight loss, but concerned that I might be overdoing it. I scheduled a yearly physical exam a month after that visit, and she counted up what a healthy weight loss would be in that time.

She's going to be mad.

4.5 lbs. In one week. I THOUGHT my pants were getting looser. Measurables:

193 lbs, 4.5 lbs lost this week, 28 lbs lost since first weigh in, best guess of overall weight loss: 32 lbs!

Doc, I'm NOT anorexic. I'm just highly motivated. And I fooled my body by going off the plan for a week, then starting it up again with a vengeance.

On the hair front, I'm really enjoying long hair (despite the looks I et at work). I lov$e the feel of it on my neck, in my eyes, and I love the fact that I'm almost 43 FREAKIN' YEARS OLD, and this is even an option for me. Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

Lynnster said...

I don't think 32 pounds in three-ish months is overdoing it, but whatever. Congratulations, that is a big accomplishment!

About the hair, you know what, if you wait long enough, long hair may really be back in style again... the extreme short for guys has kind of had an overly long run, I'm thinking! Heh.

Michael Hickerson said...

When I lost weight a few years ago--as in more than the couple of pounds I seem to take on and then lose--I dropped in big chunks as well...five pounds a week sometimes.

I think it was because I was exercisign daily before that but not being aware of what I put into my body in terms of food. Once I got that under control, I started to healthily drop weight....